Whether you are hoping to purchase an all terrain vehicle that features Interco Super Swamper tires or you’re planning to use another brand, think first about the actual type of vehicle you are selecting. There are different models of ATVs available out in the marketplace. Choose the one that best meets your needs. Below, we explain a few of the models available to you.
Different types of all terrain vehicles include:
- The utility quad – If you envision your time on an ATV as hours spent working instead of playing, the utility quad is likely the all terrain vehicle for you. As the name suggests, the utility quad is used for utility purposes – namely, for getting work done in a swift manner. Utility quads are often used to tow trailers or carry farm gear. You may find them around farms, and they are often called upon to help farmers with various chores. Utility quads feature a low first gear and tires that can easily handle a variety of different terrain conditions. These heavy vehicles often have racks built in to ensure optimum carrying capacity.
- The sports quad – This is the all terrain vehicle for the ATV enthusiast. Lighter than the utility quad and easier to maneuver, the sports quad is often used for racing. It is a favorite vehicle of weekend enthusiasts who like to ride different terrain conditions. The vehicles are quick and responsive, giving the driver great ability to control the machine. Of course, the higher your experience level, the bigger the machine you will want to purchase. There are a wide variety of sports quads out on the market today.
- Automatic or gear shift options – You will have this option no matter which type of ATV you select. To decide which one is right for you, consider how practical you are. If you are going to use the all terrain vehicle for work purposes, it just makes sense to forego the trouble of the gear shifts. However, if you want to enjoy the responsiveness of the vehicle and you are choosing to purchase one for sporting purposes, the gear shift option may be for you.
- Four wheel drive option – Florida drivers really do not often need this option, but anyone who is going to encounter snow and ice will be glad they have it. In fact, even drivers who do not encounter icy conditions often opt for the four wheel drive option, as it can make the driving experience feel more secure.
- Engine size – Unless you are opting for the sports quad, engine size probably is not that important to you. If there are many hills in your intended riding area, you may want to opt for a larger engine. Also, consider the tires on your vehicle. Interco Super Swamper tires are a wonderful choice.