It's a fact that whether used or new a Porsche 911 will be one of the most expensive purchases you will ever make. Buying a Porsche 911 is not like buying any old car, a lot of thought and research will need to go into it, do you know what to look out for in a test drive? Or maybe you need advice on how to pinpoint small damages that may go unnoticed, the buyer may not even know themselves?
Top ten tips for buying a used Porsche.
1. Always run a data check for finance, damage, theft e.t.c
2. Always check the V.I.N. number is correct in all the places and has no signs of tampering.
3. Follow your instincts. Never assume a shiny Porsche is a good one.
4. Avoid buying with emotion.
5. If you don't like the seller then don't buy.
6. Nice Porsche usually come from nice people.
7. Gain as much knowledge as you can beforehand.
8. When you find the right example have the confidence to go for it.
9. Take your time to buy the right Porsche in the right condition, it will pay.
10. Not so much a buying tip but an ownership tip. Find a friendly, honest and careful place or person to look after your Porsche. If it is beyond the warranty period consider using an Independent Porsche Specialist to care for your car
Other Porsche tips.
These tips are really just scratching the surface of what goes into Porsche buying. There are many other technical aspects also such as; the test drive, checking to see if corrosion has been covered up (underneath the beautiful colours could be some very serious rust that could cost you thousands), and the deal (you need to find reasons to haggle a better price).